Nicolas Hitori de
(See the full list here: bd.amiens.com/festival/rendez-…)
I will have copies of A Boy & A Girl and these limited edition bookplates: www.facebook.com/3753098792209… and I'll be free to chat (English, broken French, or REALLY broken Japanese, as you prefer ) and sketch!
More info on the official website: bd.amiens.com/
And Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pages/Rendez-…
I will have copies of my new book, A BOY AND A GIRL, from Oni Press and I can take commissions as well. Hope to see you there!
And did you know that you can pledge at the 'Ben Dewey' level and be drawn into Tragedy Series?! Holy cow I want that!!
San Diego Comic-Con
SAN DIEGO, CA
I am not tabling at SDCC, but I will be on 2 panels!
1) The Oni Press RevolutiONIze Comics Panel – Friday, July 19 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM in room 32AB
2) You've Broken into Comics, Now What? How to be a Pro – Saturday July 20 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM in room 28DE
BONUS: If you recognize me walking around the show, flag me down and say "GIMME DAT SWAG" and I'll give you a prize in the form of a minicomic, quick sketch, or comics.
What I need from you is an email (to Tally@farbeyond.com) with your NAME, which days you will be at ECCC, which CHARACTER you want, and whether you want BLACK AND WHITE or COLOR. I will send you back a confirmation e-mail and put you on my list.
First come, first served
Commissions are 9"x12" on 300 series Bristol paper
Color commissions will be done in Copic marker this year (you're gonna love it!)
Price: $50 for black-and-white, $100 for color (and up--it costs more if you want more than one character or you have any special requests)
Payment: Pay me at Emerald City when you pick up your piece. I'm going to have a smart phone and a card reader, but no guarantees that I will be able to take card, so please bring a check or cash just in case
I will try to have pre-ordered commissions done by the beginning of ECCC so you can pick them up any day. But please let me know if you will only be at the show for certain days, so I can make sure to have it done for you. Any sketches not done on time will be shipped to you, my treat, for my poor time management
***I am no longer drawing likenesses ("draw my girlfriend", "draw my son as Magneto"); I will only draw well-known characters (characters I can Google and find images of). So, for example, I will happily draw Ron Swanson, but I will not draw you pretending to be Ron Swanson. I won't draw your pets. Does that make sense? I love you all, but likenesses stress me out and I don't want to do them this year
Yay! Let's do this!
I am pleased to announce that a bunch of comics I worked on are coming out in the next few months! Check 'em out!
1. A Boy and a Girl confessions123.blogspot.com/20… This is a big one for me, because it is my first book with Oni Press, it took me all of 2011 to draw, and I was working with prolific writer Jamie S. Rich. Plus, it ties into a BIG new site overhaul for Oni Press. You'll be able to read this book for free in January when they start uploading chapters to their website!
2. A story in the Husbands: the Comic trade rondanchan.tumblr.com/post/334… Contains some of the silliest and best things I have ever drawn. EVER. And the script is by Jane Espenson and Brad Bell! <3
3. Meet Your Mind www.kickstarter.com/projects/1… A scientific comic tie-in to a series by To the Best of Our Knowledge on consciousness and the human brain, written by the talented Jim Ottaviani.
4. A story in the Thrilling Adventure Hour graphic novel anthology www.kickstarter.com/projects/t…
5. A variant cover for Marceline and the Scream Queens #4 www.comicsalliance.com/2012/10…
And I don't think I posted about this when it was released, but Dan Jolley and my graphic novel for the My Boyfriend is a Monster series is also now out! www.amazon.com/Wrapped-Up-You-…
It's funny to have all of these things being announced and released around the same time, because it isn't like I worked on them all at once (although many of them did overlap). My work on these projects was spread out over the last two years. It feels a bit like a present--a big karmic reward for a lot of months spent drawing and not being able to talk about what I was working on. It was also a really busy summer...I took on a TON of work, moved houses, and did 4 conventions in September, and only spent one day out of the city for fun...so this pay-off is really nice.
- Listening to: Kaiser Chiefs
Check out the Previews feature online here:
I am very, very excited. This is my first graphic novel, and to have it published by Image is an honor.
- Listening to: Kaiser Chiefs
(original post here: tally-art.blogspot.com/2010/11…)
(I am now SOLD OUT of Between Gears and Over the Surface, but will relist them after the Stumptown Comics Fest! Come by my table to see me, Emi Lenox, and Angie Wang if you are in Portland April 24 and 25!)
Also! I brought my Etsy store back from the dead to list a new item: the original lineart for my Monsters & Dames piece! www.etsy.com/shop/Tallychyck
And there's always Between Gears if you want an autobio comic fix! betweengears.blogspot.com
- Reading: Astonishing X-Men
The Lara Sydney Gallery in Portland is hosting a show during October to promote Wonder Woman Day (www.wonderwomanmuseum.com/WWDa…), taking place on October 25th. The gallery will display pieces donated for an auction to aid domestic violence awareness, shelters, and hotlines in Portland. My piece is on the bottom left on the promo card (if I linked it properly and you can see it!! If not, you can see it here: www.wonderwomanmuseum.com/WWDa…).
The plan is to update consistently throughout my senior year of college, and have a visual diary of what it was like to be at this place in life.
- Listening to: The Verve
- Playing: Tetris